Now-a-days, the child users of computer devices utilize the internet for various purposes that include gaming and studying. Some of the studying and gaming websites, the kids need to enter their personal details for accessing the content. As a result, the users may become the victim of phishing attacks, if their personal details have been enter over some unsecured websites. Thus, all the antivirus software providers like Norton has included the feature of “Parental Control” to its products i.e. Norton Family & Norton Internet Security.
For getting the setup file of Norton Family or Norton Internet Security on the device, the users may access the link: Norton.com/setup. By utilizing the feature of “Parental Control” of the subscribed Norton Setup, the parents could block their child to share their personal data or information of unprotected websites. Thus, to provide an ease to all the parents, the easiest way to block or specify the personal information has been detailed in the below information.
The parents may block their child from sharing the personal information, by setting the parental control rules either through the online portal or Android application of Norton Family or installed Norton Setup.
Steps to specify and block the personal information on Norton Family Website:
- First and foremost, access the “Sign In” page of the Norton Family through the link: Norton.com/setup.
- Now, sign in to the Norton Family account by entering the email address and password to the corresponding field.
- On successful sign in to the device, move to the “CHILD” panel.
- Here, select the “Menu” icon on the child’s profile.
- Now, click the “Profile Settings” option from the context menu.
- And then, expand the “Personal Information” section, to fill the details that the parents don’t want to share on internet by their child.
- After this, enter the last six digits of Social Security number of the child within the “Social Security” #box.
- And then, tap the “OK” button.
- Now, fill the email address and the phone number of the child within the corresponding fields.
- At last, click the “Save” button.
Steps to specify and block the personal information on Android Devices:
- First of all, launch the Android application of the Norton Setup on the device.
- And then, sign in to the Norton Family, in parent mode.
- Here, select the “Child Profile” for whom the parents want to manage the parental control.
- After this, move to the “RULES” section.
- On the “RULES” tab, click the “Personal info supervision” option within the “General” subsection.
- And then, move the slider towards left for turning off the “Personal info supervision”.
- After this, enter the child details like last 6-digits of the Social Security number, email address, and phone number within the corresponding fields.
- And then, hit the “OK” button.
- At last, click the “Save” button to save all the changes made by the parents.