Norton Utilities refers to the utility suite designed by Symantec Corporations, in order to execute the functions of analysis, configuration, optimization, and maintenance of the computer devices. The current version of the Norton utilities that have been utilized by the users is NU16 or Norton Utilities 16.0. Sometimes the users may face some common issues or errors while installing the Norton Utilities 16.0 or the NU16 to their devices. And one of such common issues that arise on the device while installing the Norton Utilities 16.0 is freezing of the computer device. Thus, to offer an ease to the entire Norton users, the easiest ways to resolve the issue of freezing device have been detailed in this article.
By following the stepwise methods detailed below, the users could easily resolve the issues of computer freezing while installing the Norton Utilities 16.0 or NU16 to the device. The resolving methods are as follows:
Method 1: Execute the NU16 Installation through the Symantec Download Manager Folder:
- Launch the Run dialog box on the device, by following the path as shown below:
Start Button >> Run
- And then, on the run window, type the “%temp%” command within the “Open” box.
- Thus, the current temp folders will get open on the File Explorer of the device.
- Here, launch the Download Manager Folder of Symantec.
- From this Download Manager Folder, select the NU16 installer file, by double clicking on it.
- Thus, the installation of the NU16 or Norton Utilities will get initiated to the users’ device.
(Important Note: If the users face any difficulty while following the steps to install the Norton Utilities 16.0 or NU16 to the device then, they may call the Norton Customer Support number.)
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions for proceeding the installation of the NU16.
Method 2: Uninstall the entire Non-Symantec Security Products:
Sometimes the issues of freezing device may arise due to the presence of Non-Symantec security programs on it. Thus, it has been recommended to remove the non-Symantec products before installing the Norton setups to the device. Follow the steps mentioned below to remove the non-Symantec security programs from the device:
- Firstly, execute the Run dialog box on the device. To do so, click the Start button on the taskbar and then, select the “Run” option.
- On the Run window, enter the ‘appwiz.cpl’ command within the ‘Open’ box.
- And then, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- After this, a list of all the programs that have been installed to the users’ device will be displayed.
- From this list, select all the non-Symantec programs that have been installed to the device and then, click the “Uninstall” option.
On completion of the product removal from the device, restart the device and try to install the Norton Utilities 16.0 to it. (The users may visit the link Norton.com/setup to get the steps for installing the NU16 to the device.)