Norton AntiVirus is anti-malware software delivered by Symantec Corporation since 1991. This software is a part of Norton family computer security product, which scans viruses through signatures and heuristics. Additionally, it provides e-mail spam filtering and phishing protection. This Antivirus runs on various operating software such as Microsoft Windows and macOS. It supports all Microsoft Windows 7 old versions consist of 2006, 2008, 2009 and also, it natively supports Windows 7 new and updated versions include 2010, 2011, and 2012. Norton AntiVirus version 12 is the only version that is fully compatible with Mac OS X Lion.
Norton Security works on MS Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS platforms. This hi-profiled antivirus software is available in three editions, as Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe, and Norton Security Premium. These versions are designed and developed to complete various requirements of the customers. Norton antivirus security provides total protection to your devices from malware and various threats and makes the devices virus free. It helps your computer or handheld devices to fix issues like slowdown or crash your PC. Moreover, it provides your easy optimization of your PC or handheld devices.
After installing this software to the device user hardly faces any issue in his/her computer or handheld device. If the user still faces any server error, the user should check if the issue he/she experiencing is related to a known system problem or outage. To solve that problem user need to visit Norton.com/Setup Services Status page. After reaching to the status page user should follow these steps provided below.
Step 1: Download and run the fix tool
- Download the fix tool.
- Save the file to the Windows desktop.
- On your desktop, now double-click the NortonActivationRepair.exe file.
- By running this tool, you accept the Usage Agreement.
If the user sees the message on Windows XP computers, “Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application”, then download and install the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- After you install the .NET Framework, run the fix tool once again.
- Click OK to restart your computer.
- After the computer restarts, activate your Norton product.
If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall your Norton product.
Now time to move on towards the Step 2.
Step 2: Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.
- Double-click the NRnR icon.
- Read the license agreement, and click Agree.
- Now click Remove & Reinstall.
You may see the Remove button if Norton is from your service provider.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- Click Restart Now.
After the computer restarts, follow the aforementioned instructions to reinstall Norton.
If your still face any issue to restart your device then contact Norton Setup customer support.