Now-a-days, the internet is one of the most important requirements of the users as it has made their much easier than before. For an instance, the users prefer to book the movie tickets online instead of standing in a queue and many more such day-to-day life examples. Although the life has become easier with the internet, but it has created the biggest challenge faced by the parents i.e. kids protection.
The parents could not stop their child from using the internet but could keep an eye or monitor their child’s online activities and prevent their access to the websites having the adult contents. To do so, the users need to install the Norton Setup of Norton Family product to their child’s as well as to their Android device. For getting the Norton Setup to the device, access the link as noton.com/setup.
Before this, the users or parents need to define the house rules over their child’s device using the Norton Setup. For getting the steps for defining the Norton Family house rules, refer the support section of the link: Norton.com/setup.
Steps to view the reports of the child’s various online activities using the Norton Family Android Application are as follows:
- Web Activity Report: The Web Activity Report displays the reports related to the websites accessed by the child users. to view the web activity report, follow the steps detailed below:
- Log in to the Norton Family application within the Parent Mode.
- Here, click the profile of the child for whom the parents want to view the web activities.
- And then, move to the “Activity” panel.
- One this panel, tap the “Websites” option along with the time period during which the parents want to view the web activities.
- As a result, the entire web activity reports will be displayed on the screen.
- Time Activity Report: The Time Activity report make an awareness regarding the amount of time that has been spent by their child with the device, each day.
- To view the Time Activity report, the users need to sign in to the Norton Family Android app in parent mode.
- Select the child for whom the parents desire to view the time activity report.
- And then, tap the “Activity” panel on the device.
- Here, tap the “Time” option.
- Thus, the time activity reports will be displayed to the users’ device.
- Social Networking Activity Report: The Social Networking report allows the parent users to view the child’s social networking activities on well-known websites like Google+ as well as Facebook. To do so, follow the steps detailed below:
- First of all, sign in to the Norton Family account in the parent mode.
- And then, from the list of profiles, choose the profile of the child for whom the parents wish to monitor the Social Networking reports.
- After this, follow the path as shown below:
Activity Tab >> Social option
- Now, select the time period for from the time drop down menu, for which the parents desire to view the child’s social networking report.
- And then, tap the “Activity” option.
- After this, hit the “View full conversation” link.
- Thus, the parents will be able to look out the entire chat of their child with their friends.
(Important Note: If the parent users are not able to get the activity reports of their child on their Norton Family Android application then, they may refer the contact us section on the link: Norton.com/setup.)
- Location of the Child: The Norton Family also allows the parents to keep a check on their child’s location. For viewing the location of the child, the parent users need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to the Norton Family Android app in parent mode.
- And then, tap on to the child’s profile for which the parent users want to view the location.
- After this, click the “location” option.
- Now, just perform the “Refresh” process for updating the location status.
- And then, hit the location pointer to view the current location of the child.
(The parents may zoom in or out the map, by pressing the ‘+’ or ‘-’ button, respectively.)