Norton Clean is one of the products of Symantec which helps you in removing the junk files and recover the storage space on your Mac. It works on Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later versions and helps you by removing the junk files, like-
- Operating system junk files.
- Application caches and logs.
- Duplicate as well as similar files.
To remove the junk files permanently from your system, you can neither manually configure it nor let the Norton Clean product move the junk files to Trash. To do so –
- Click on ‘Settings’ icon.
- Select the ‘General’ tab.
- Click ‘Permanently delete’ option.
Even allow the Norton setup product to scan and list the junk files that are occupying your storage space in your Mac. To configure the settings, you need to select ‘Run now’ option.
Please note- Make sure you review the scan results, before trying to remove the junk files from your system. Norton Clean product doesn’t scan your external drives that are connected to your Mac.
Norton Clean helps you by scanning and removing the duplicate files. The duplicate files like email attachments, movies, documents, photos, and apps, mostly occupy your storage space on your Mac’s hard disk. Check out the steps below to configure the Norton Clean for Mac, to remove the duplicate files are-
- Select ‘Clean’ option after visiting the main window of Norton product.
- Click ‘Start’ option.
Please note- At any point you can click ‘Stop’ option, to pause the current scan activity.
- Click on the ‘Open’ option, if Norton Clean prompts on the screen to open the photos and music library.
- Go to the ‘Overview’ window and then in the ‘Duplicate’ row, go for clicking ‘Review’ to view the duplicate files.
- To review the scan results, select the ‘Done’ option.
- For removing only the duplicate files, go to the ‘Overview’ window and click on the ‘Clean’ option.
- In the ‘Clean Complete’ window, select the ‘Done’ option.
Sometimes, after removing the duplicate files, you may still have the issues, maybe the duplicate files are downloaded or copied to your Mac with the different file name which are in total similar files. To configure the Norton Clean for Mac to remove the similar files, you need to follow the steps-
- Open the Norton setup product and in the main window, select the ‘Clean’ option.
- Click the ‘Start’ option.
Please note- At any point you can click ‘Stop’ option, to pause the current scanning.
- If Norton Clean ask you to open the photos and music library then select ‘Open’ option.
- To view the similar files, go for selecting ‘Review’ option, on the ‘Overview’ window, in the ‘Similar’ row option.
- Select ‘Done’ option to review the scan results.
- To remove the similar files only, select the ‘Clean’ option in the ‘Overview’ window.
- Select ‘Done’ option in the ‘Clean Computer’ window.