It has almost become challenging to safe and secures the mobile phone with the increase of viruses, malware, Trojan and many new viruses, in the market. Smartphone owners need to be extra cautious about their device. Many times, the user face problems like their phone gets infected or their mobile phones gets stolen, both the ways they lose their confidential data, account details, and many important files.
So, they need to have trusted and strong total protection antiviruses like Norton Mobile Security, to protect their mobile phone. Among the various features of Norton Mobile Security, SIM Card Lock is one of them.
Norton Mobile Security’s SIM Card Lock helps the user by preventing any attempt at replacing the SIM card and locks it from inside if the mobile phone gets stolen. The lock gets unlocked after the user puts the password and the feature is disabled.
The user may face certain issues like the SIM card fails to connect to the mobile carrier or there is no network. Then check once whether the SIM card of that particular mobile phone is inserted, properly and the SIM card is active or not.
Check out the steps as listed below to help you out, in unlocking the device are-
- Open ‘Google Play Store’ on your Android phone.
- You need to log in with your correct email ID and password on the Norton Mobile Security websites.
- Select the device that was locked.
- The 4-digit password gets displayed on the top-right corner of the Norton Mobile Security websites.
- You need to note down the given password, somewhere and use that to unlock the locked device.
Please Note- Norton Mobile Security’s SIM Card Lock feature doesn’t work with the dual-SIM mobile phones. In case, you face any issues while unlocking your device through SIM Card Lock then feel free to contact Norton Support team to get rid of your issues.
In case, you wanted to change the SIM Card Lock setting (Turn on or Turn off) then you need to follow the given steps as listed below-
- Open the Norton Mobile Security app on your Android phone.
- Select the ‘Menu icon’, in the top-left corner.
- Click on the option ‘App Settings’.
- In the ‘Anti-theft’ section which next to ‘SIM Card Lock’, you need to turn on or off, according to your choice. You may even need to scroll down to view the SIM Card Lock option.