If you have tried to secure your Norton product settings with a password to avoid unauthorized access and now you have forgotten the password of the same then you can go for resetting the password by visiting the ‘Uninstall preference’ window.
To get access to reset password, you need to choose ‘uninstall Norton product’ option, but you don’t need to uninstall the Norton setup product to get access to the settings. The reset password settings option will be visible in the ‘select your uninstall preference’ window only if it is turned on.
In this article know how to reset your Norton product setting password, if you forgot the password of the same.
For using the Norton product settings password protection option-
• Visit the Norton product main window.
• Click the ‘Settings’ option.
• Select the ‘Administrative Settings’ option.
• Click on the ‘Product Security’ option.
Follow the steps to reset your Norton product setting password-
1. Do any one of the following in the Windows taskbar-
• In Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the ‘Start’ option then click on the ‘Control Panel’.
• In Windows 8, under Windows System then click on the ‘Control Panel’ option.
• In Windows 10, click on the ‘Start’ option then under the ‘Windows system’ click on the ‘Control Panel’ option.
2. Do any of the following in the Windows Control Panel-
• In Windows XP then click on the ‘Add or Remove programs’.
• In Windows Vista then double-click on the ‘Programs and Features’.
• In Windows 7 or Windows 8 then click on the ‘Programs’, ‘Programs and Features’ option.
• In Windows 10 then click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
3. Choose any option from the list of currently installed programs-
• In Windows XP, select the ‘Norton Product’ then click on the ‘Change/Remove’ option.
• In Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, select the ‘Norton product’ then click on the ‘Uninstall/ Change’ option.
4. Choose the ‘reset settings password’ at the bottom of the select your uninstall preference window.
5. In the display box, enter the randomly generated key that is displayed against Reset Password key.
6. Enter the new password in the new password box.
7. Type the new password again to confirm.
8. Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Note- You needs to visit norton.com/setup and Norton nu16 to download any of the Norton products.
Ragnar is a professional technical writer who completed Masters of engineering management from Princeton University, US and has been writing for past 11 years. He transforms technical information using a comprehensive and easy approach for all the readers and tech lovers to understand the complexity of respective subject. Covering the area of hardware such as brother printers to software like Kaspersky, Ragnar’s articles help users to clarify their doubts.