To check the trust level of a file is very important when it comes to protecting your device and valuable data that is present in your virus-infected device.
If your device is Norton protected then you are very lucky as Norton gives you insights to check whether a file is safe and can be trusted or not. With the help of Norton Insights, you can see the reputation of the files which you wish to access your computing devices.
Not even this, you can also view a file’s signature along with the date when the specific file was installed on the computer. Moreover, it enables you to view the trust level, resource and community usage along with the file source.
Remember: You will be able to see the File Insight option once you right-click on the specific file of Interest. You cannot access this option in the Windows Safe mode. Moreover, Norton maintains a separate column for the desired files for which the user wants to get the Insights.
How to check the trust level or location of a particular file?
You can easily check the trust level of any file from the File Insight Window and you can update the trust value of a file or select the option to manually trust any file. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to click on the “Norton” icon from your desktop to launch the Norton program.
- Now, you have to double-click on the “Security” option and then click on the “Scans” option from the Norton main window.
- In this step, you have to select the “Norton Insight” option and then click on the “Go” button.
- View the file’s details in the Norton Insight window and click “Locate” if you want to relocate the file on your computer or click on the “Trust Now” to manually trust the file from the Details options.
- Now, click on the “Close” option.
Steps to check the trust level of a particular file
There are few steps mentioned below to check the trust level of a particular file:-
- Launch the Norton Program by clicking on its icon.
- Click twice on the “Security” option and then click on the “Scans” options.
- Select the Norton Insight option from the Scan window and then click on the “Go” option.
- You have to now click on a “Specific file” from the Norton Insight window and then you have to browse to the location of that particular file.
- Now, select the file and then click on the “Open” option.
- View the details of that specific file from the File Insight window and then click on the “Close” option.
Getting Insights into a file before accessing it is very important as you can check the trust level of that file and avoid using the corrupted files. Doing this will help you to maintain the security concerns that you have set to protect your data and devices from virus and malware attacks. It is recommended to install Norton antivirus as it detects and scans the virus-infected files on a pre-alarming stage.